Monday, November 15, 2010

Nutritious and delicious meatballs

The girls went gaga over them! Slurped up the spaghetti and sauce. Definitely recommend. E asked for me to make it again!




I based the meatballs on this recipe


It was a nice, easy recipe I can throw together in about 15 minutes, after being out all day. I used Panko breadcrumbs, because all other breadcrumbs seem to have dairy and/or soy. I added two eggs and used 1/2 pound sausage and 1 pound of ground beef (low fat). For flavor I added chili powder, since I could not find garlic powder.

Smush it all together and add to oiled, heated skillet. I used two skillets to keep the meatballs from being smushed together. I ended up using all the sauce in the house: 3/4 can of spaghetti sauce, and two almost-finished cans of pizza sauce. No cheese, of course.

I was surprised at how long it took the meatballs to fully cook. Next time I will simmer in a covered skillet. I paired the dinner with microwaved frozen peas and corn. I think in the future I might blend some vegetables in, if I have the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment