Monday, December 27, 2010

Homemade pizza: nutritious, easy and cheap!

We made a delicious pizza tonight. I will definitely be making it again. Cheap, nutritious and the girls ate quite a bit of it. It was easy, but it did require me to prepare the pizza dough in advance.
This is the crust I used. I used 2 cups of whole wheat flour and 1.5 cups of all-purpose flour. To help the dough rise, I heated up the oven for a few months then turned the heat off. The dough rose in a warm environment. The house is otherwise kept at 65 F.

[Edited to add: I heated the oven for a few MINUTES, not a few months!]


Random toppings. Leftover ham from Christmas, canned pineapple, heated frozen pepper strips, chopped onions and mushrooms (not shown).









S's pizza pre-cheese. Sauce was random spaghetti sauce from the fridge.









Does this look like Kentucky?











 E wanted only pineapple. T and I could not eat the cheese. I don't know if these pictures help sell the pizza. :)









This was a cheap meal. The only purchases for this recipe were the pizza cheese and pineapple slices. Everything else was in the cupboard, leftover from Christmas or purchased for other meals too.

No comments:

Post a Comment