I used homemade vegetable stock. I save vegetable clippings in a plastic freezer bag. When the bag is full, I cook it on low for 10 hours in the crockpot.
To make this soup:
- Strain the vegetable broth and dispose of the clippings.
- Add a handful of beans. I used a handful of blackbeans and a handful of navy beans
- Add meat. I used a cup of cut leftover ham
- Add vegetables. I used a cup of chopped carrots, a cup of chopped celery, a cup of chopped parsnip
- Add salt, pepper and chopped garlic to taste
- Simmer on low for 8-10 hours
Delicious! Enjoy with homemade croutons.