Saturday, February 26, 2011

Making your lemonade POP with a fruit infusion

This post is inspired by recipe hoarders original fruity lemonade. Thanks recipe hoarder! :)

This was a super-easy, kid approved drink!

I mixed lemonade from lemon juice as directed by the package. I poured a little lemonade into my mini Cuisinart and blended ~2 cups of frozen blueberries. Mix the pureed berries back with the lemonade.

The kids loved the sugar high. I loved adding whole berries to their sugary drink. This will be an excellent treat come summer.

4 comments:

  1. Glad it worked for you! I love having a low-guilt sweet drink around, and since you blend the fruit, you get all the fiber that comes with them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah, given the amount of sugar I put in the lemonade, I didn't think it was all that low-guilt.

    But, you know, I bet I can start slowly titrating the sugar down ... I bet if I keep adding fruit and slowly lowering the sugar, my girls will become accustomed to the new lemonade and it will be low-guilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so delicious! It reminds me of agua frescas. : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Felicity, I had to google agua frescas. You're right! It is certainly similar.

    You guys have me all fired up to make this again :) I've used up our frozen fruit for the week. I'll order more next week and make another round.

    My girls thank you in advance.

    ReplyDelete