Sunday, January 9, 2011

Beef, squash and tomatillo slow cooker dish





 Ok, stick with me on this one. It was so good, I was almost done with my second bowl before I remembered to take a picture. The recipe is based on a stewed pork and squash recipe.

  • Brown ground beef in a skillet. Drain fat. Add to crockpot.
  • Add one diced onion and eight medium-sized diced tomatillas to the beef. 
  • Peel and cube one butternut squash and add to the crockpot. This was the worst part, mostly because many of my knives are dulled.
  • Open a can of diced tomatoes (I used one flavored with onion and garlic) and add to the mixture
  • Stir together with chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper. 
Simmer on low for eight hours. The meat was tender and full of flavor. I loved the nutrients from the vegetables.  S liked the beef. We really liked this meal.







3 comments:

  1. LOL! That is a huge mug that I bought in college to eat Ramen. It has survived 12 years and 6 moves. It's a great soup bowl.

    ReplyDelete