This is not a glamorous breakfast, but it is hearty, cheap and easy to make. I do, however, limit this meal to one or two mornings.
To make this oatmeal:
- Add 2-3 cups of milk to a saucepan on medium-high heat. I use coconut or rice milk.
- Add an equal amount of oats. I love the Quaker Oats.
- Add ~1 Tbsp pumpkin pie spice. This is a mixture of nutmeg, cinnamon, all spice and ginger.
- Add a handful of raisins, a handful of dried cranberries or any other small, dried fruit.
- Lower the heat to simmer once the milk is boiling and let simmer until the liquid is evaporated or you are ready to eat.